Or jog, walk, or plod… but whatever you do, just get out and do it.
Nowhere does it say that you to be a runner you have to run nonstop. Nowhere does it say to be a runner you have to run a certain distance or pace. There are no rules saying who gets to be a runner and who doesn’t. To be a runner, you just need to run.
Run one block, walk two.
Walk up a hill, jog down.
Plod for a minute, walk for three.
But whatever you do, just get out and do.
Why are we so passionate about getting you to run? Here’s why:
- Getting comfortable with and making running or some combo of running/walking a part of your workout routine, will give you the flexibility to workout anywhere, anytime. All you need is a good pair of shoes! Perfect for summer trips, weekends camping, gym closed days, or even just a great way to enjoy nice weather.
- Running is like life. The more consistently you show up, the better it gets. There’s something incredible about training, about pushing outside your comfort zone and seeing that pay off. From physical gains like endurance and strength, to mental gains like tenacity & resiliency. Running can be both humbling and a great confidence booster and sometimes that dynamic is just what we need!
- The human body is meant to run. From the shape of our hips to the stance of our feet – it’s what we were meant to do. What you don’t use, you lose. Sure there are things like injuries, or if a lot of time has passed since you last ran (whether that be 5 years or 50 years) that make running harder. But that doesn’t mean you can try. That doesn’t mean you can’t jog/walk. It just means you need to give yourself time and do it the right way this time 😉
Here are 3 ways we can help you make running a part of your workout routine:
- Running Assessments. If #3 about sounds a lot like you, definitely consider a running assessment. They can be life changing – really! For most people getting back to running or being able to running means addresses form, technique or strength imbalances. Click here for details on running assessments.
- Just Run Training Program. This is a virtual group training program for those who are looking to get started with running or get back to running. You pick the distance you want to train for but benefit from the support, motivation, and camaraderie of a group! It includes cross-training strength and flexibility workouts and weekly accountability. There’s also an option to add a running assessment at a reduced cost. We run this program once a year – check out the details here.
- Customized Training Plans. If the group thing isn’t your style or you want a training plan that’s been created just for YOU (based on your runner type). Or maybe you’ve been pretty consistent with running/jogging and want to try for a race or level up your current race distance. Whatever it is, we can help create a program for you with a customized training plan.
We’ve told WHY we like running and doing running programs. We’ve given you options on HOW to get started. Now it’s up to you to decided WHEN!