Quinoa, White Bean and Kale Soup
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1 container Tuscan Chicken Flavor-Infused Broth**
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes undrained (I like fire-roasted)
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces EACH) cannellini beans undrained
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
**This broth adds SO much flavor to the soup. If you can’t find it, add these seasonings to vegetable broth: 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, 2 bay leaves.
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and add it to your slow cooker with 2 cups of the broth.
- Add in the undrained petite diced tomatoes and one can of undrained cannellini beans.
- Add in the garlic, chopped yellow onion, Italian seasoning, and some salt and pepper.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the remaining 2 cups broth with the remaining can of cannellini beans. Blend until smooth. Pour into the slow cooker.
- Give everything a good stir and cover the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the stems, wash the kale, and finely chop the kale.
- About 15 minutes before ready to serve, adjust any seasonings (add some salt and pepper if desired), and stir in the finely chopped kale.
- Garnish each bowl with a handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Proximal50 Life Center