Summer is in our rear-view mirror, school is in session, and cooler temps are approaching. The change of seasons can be the tipping point we need to “fall” back into a healthy routine. This time of year can be great for refocusing and re-prioritizing your health and wellness goals. There is no need for drastic cleanses and stressful diet guidelines; below are some easy steps you can take to get started! (Helpful tip from your coach: pick one or two things to work on making into a habit and then move on to another):
- Increase Water Intake: Carry a water bottle with you all day and make it a point to refill it 3 or 4 times. Keep things interesting by slicing up a lemon or lime to add flavor.
- Prioritize Sleep: getting an adequate 7-9 hours of sleep each night is one of the best things you can do for your health and often the first thing we sacrifice.
- Meal Plan: Invest a couple hours on a Sunday afternoon (or whenever your schedule allows) to cook and prepare some meals for the week. Having meals prepped ahead of time will take the chaos out of mealtime, ensure you have a healthy, balanced option to eat, and – bonus points! – will reduce your take out bill.
- Manage Stress: Find little ways throughout the day to reduce your stress levels. Take a walk around campus or your office; practice mindful breathing; take a bath; or journal for a few minutes to get out your thoughts.
- Mindful Movement: Get moving at least a few days each week. Whether it be a workout class that excites you or focusing on achieving 10,000 steps/day, set a goal and hold yourself accountable.
- Be Kind to Yourself: Pay attention to how you speak to yourself inside your head. Practice kindness and grace with yourself – you deserve it.
- Connect with a Wellness Coach: Well, of course! 🙂 Not only can a wellness coach educate you and help you focus on your goals, but we’ll hold you accountable, too!
To schedule an appointment with Proximal50’s Certified Wellness Coach, email Lindsey at email@example.com or call 751-2974